We rely on our dedicated army of volunteers to help us to run Malvern Cube. If you have a few spare hours a week and would like to lend a hand to our community, then we would love to hear from you! We have volunteering opportunities in several different roles. Just call in, phone, or email Nicola to discuss.
We provide full training and are happy to have volunteers on a regular basis for the different days and time slots available – whatever suits you. We offer our volunteers a discount at the café as a gesture of thanks for all the help our volunteers donate to the Cube.
Youth Activities volunteers wanted for Malvern Cube Projects
Here at Malvern Cube Projects we are passionate about youth work and working with young people aged between 10 to 18 from the Malvern community. We aim to help young people feel valued, confident and included through young person-centred structured youth activities which are fun, engaging and empowering. We would love to offer members of the community the opportunity to get involved with supporting new projects or even by sharing their own skill or interest with our young people.
- Work directly with young people 10-18 years to enable their personal development and social education through participation in a range of positive activities.
- Establish positive relationships with young people in order to establish core group continuity.
- Contribute to designing and delivering programmes of positive activities, encouraging active engagement and participation.
- Help to enable the engagement of vulnerable young people from identified areas of Malvern.
- Ability to form constructive relationships with vulnerable young people whilst maintaining appropriate boundaries
- Ability to engage and motivate young people and support them in accessing services
- Ability to act as a role model for young people.
- Practical skills/interests in activities which could help to engage young people would be an advantage but not essential.
- An understanding of, and commitment to, promoting equality and diversity or willingness to learn
- The post is subject to an enhanced DBS.
This role is flexible but we envisage a commitment of approximately 2 hours per week based at Malvern Cube.
Our Youth Service volunteers report to and are supported by our Youth Manager. Successful applicants will receive a full induction and regular review meetings plus get access to training and support.
For more information and to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org